Sign in to follow this  
athrael

Re-Coloring Snakeskin Handbag

Hello!

I am almost embarrassed to say I am a newbie ( and a housewife at that! ) but I do adore what you guys have done and how the community seem to be very helpful, so I thought I'd post my questions here. Do pardon my jargon as I don't really know the proper names or ways to describe my question.

I have a snakeskin handbag, python if I am not wrong judging by the scale pockets. It's a light golden brown in color and has a gloss finish to it. I want to make it black - completely with a nice satiny finish so the scale pockets still shows when it catches the light.

My question is, how do I even start re-coloring it? I am in Australia by the way and reading the forums here, everyone seems to favour Fiebing and Eco-Flo, both of which are not readily available here. But we do have Leather Strippers and Dyes and I was wondering if that would be okay to use. Here's the website of the products I was thinking of using!

My link

I do hope you guys and girls can help! It's going to be an exciting time for me!

Athy

G-day and welcome to the Forum.

I have no Information to help with the Snake skin, But I can help with the Leather dye I have an Australian supplier for you to try I use them and they are a good supplier

http://ozgraff.com/p...?id_product=120

Give them a try if you would like to

Cheers

Nick