budd4766

Truck Interior

I recently purchased a new truck, and am tossing around the idea of doing a tooled leather interior. I'm not real sure I want to tackle anything this big at the moment, but, then again, I might. I've seen cars done on here before by a few people, but I can't seem to find the posts.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Tips & Tricks?

I have a gray interior, but all the accents I'm putting on are black, so I think black leather would look best....but, like I said, I'm just at the concept stage right now, so that might change.

post-6892-059213400 1304520552_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased a new truck, and am tossing around the idea of doing a tooled leather interior. I'm not real sure I want to tackle anything this big at the moment, but, then again, I might. I've seen cars done on here before by a few people, but I can't seem to find the posts.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Tips & Tricks?

I have a gray interior, but all the accents I'm putting on are black, so I think black leather would look best....but, like I said, I'm just at the concept stage right now, so that might change.

post-6892-059213400 1304520552_thumb.jpg

I dont concider myself an end all authority on this subject but have done several interiors on vehicles utilizing leather. From what i know, a majority of "tooled" interiors are actually embossed hides. and i have also had a few that were lazer etched into te hide, i must say that if you are looking at doing a head liner in leather then you are better off sticking to the embossed, it doesnt take more than a 3-4 oz leather to start seperating your headliner from teh fiber board backing it, I usually do Ford King ranches and Hummers when i do it, my cost on material for a ford is about $500.00 and make it for $1,500, it is a very timely proccess especially when you get into dashes and consoles. just remember measure twice and cut once, you want what appears to be a natural seam or no seam at all. Best of luck to you.

~ Kevin

Thanks, Kevin.

I'm starting to think this may be a bit more than I want to tackle right now....though I'd LOVE to do it...just don't have the time to sink into a project that big. Maybe someday.

I know somebody posted pics of a car they did on here once, but I can't find the post.

I know somebody posted pics of a car they did on here once, but I can't find the post.

In my short time on the forum I only recall seeing this one

Click Here

Edited by Phatdaddy

Do a search for the member BOBOCAT on the board, he did a full interiror. Also you can check out Paul Cox's website(the motorcycle seat maker), he did a hot rod and has some photos on his site. Also I have seen a Peterbuilt hot rod in several hot rod mags( I can't remember the name or magazine it was in) but it is a very popular ride and you may be able to goggle it. It has a full tooled interior and looks really sharp. Porter or Arizona style western tooling is for covering large pieces, this may be the ticket for tooling a large piece that is not as complex as maybe a sheridan style design. I wouldn't let the the scale of the job detour you, remember how to eat a elephant-one bite at a time.

Nevada

Okay ran the search and the name of the truck is - Piss'd Off Pete, I'm not good at this computer stuff and adding links to posts- sorry.

Edited by FatSmitty