I am thinking about buying a used Adler 105-25 MO from another member here. I know very little about this machine and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I just need to know what the advantages or disadvantages are. I know the Adler machines are high quality..just need info about this model. I have researched it online but can't find much about it. I will be doing saddle work and maybe some straps and tack with the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello SilverStar!

The Adler class 105 barrel shuttle cylinder bed is made of Koch Adler from 1950 to 1980. It is A saddler machine and will sew up to ½ inch of leather or other material. The under class 25 Mo is special made for sewing moccasins. It has drop feed and a driven upper foot (jump foot) It still is a very good machine and has superior quality. I found a leaflet on the German company Sieck.de for you.

Trox

I am thinking about buying a used Adler 105-25 MO from another member here. I know very little about this machine and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I just need to know what the advantages or disadvantages are. I know the Adler machines are high quality..just need info about this model. I have researched it online but can't find much about it. I will be doing saddle work and maybe some straps and tack with the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

adler-0105-mo-rm-25.pdf

Hi, I found a machine of this type just over the Border in NY. I want to make holsters etc... And other stuff In that weight. I also have a line on a Randall, and could end up with both. So I am not worried about the 1/2" plus stuff. But I don't need a machine that only handles moccasins either. Is that just a mater of swopping out a foot?

I understand that nominally the Adler will do 3/4", but that people say it is not really capable of it, and is more a 1/2" machine. Still there is a huge difference between a high quality maybe 3/4" machine, and a never more than 1/2" machine... If I buy the Adler, I probably won't rush out and buy the Randall immediately. But If I buy the Randall I will need something to sew the lighter stuff also. People say it is hard to adjust the Randall out of it's prime use.

Funny, an 18" arm is real big for shoes...

Any thoughts for my use?

Hi Massive,

A ½ inch was a bit cautious; I have one that will sew about 15 to 16 mm thick leather. It is a different subclass but the same machine. My 105 - 25MO has a foot lift max 19 mm. It is not only to change a foot. I am currently building up a 105-25 Mo for normal saddler use. I have changed the needle plate to a standard plate # 005 00 627 0 and fitted a feed dog # 005 00 596 0 ( this parts are found on the 105 subclasses 6,8 and 25,) You will also be able to use plates and feed dogs from the older class 5 machine ( the forerunner of the 105) Dürkopp Adler still have these parts, you can download the complete part list for all 105 subclasses on the blog “ The world of Dürkopp Adler parts” ( see my topic with the same name http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=36185 ) How to down load the part list . I also made some small modifications on the stitch regulator locking plate (see picture) so I have reverse. The 105-25 will not only sew moccasin’s, it has top and bottom feed, which is adjusted separately. You must set the top feed to zero to use the reverse. (The 25Mo has no reverse without modifications; the reverse can only be used with the bottom feed. It is no reverse on the top feed). It is possible to use only one of the feed systems at the time; changing the needle plate and take off the feed dog, to use only the top feed. Just turn off the top feed and you will have a bottom feed machine with reverse, it can be used with a roller foot this way. It uses a standard foot, the same as Adler the other 105 subclasses, the Adler 205- 64, 204 - 64 and many Singer 45 K machines. I bought a new shuttle, servomotor and speed reducer for the machine on the picture. In addition, I am welding up a new modern one-leg stand for it. I will post pictures of it when it is finished. The machine on the video is a 105 it looks like a subclass -8025, ( same feed as the 25MO) study the complete part list for part you can use.

Trox

Hi, I found a machine of this type just over the Border in NY. I want to make holsters etc... And other stuff In that weight. I also have a line on a Randall, and could end up with both. So I am not worried about the 1/2" plus stuff. But I don't need a machine that only handles moccasins either. Is that just a mater of swopping out a foot?

I understand that nominally the Adler will do 3/4", but that people say it is not really capable of it, and is more a 1/2" machine. Still there is a huge difference between a high quality maybe 3/4" machine, and a never more than 1/2" machine... If I buy the Adler, I probably won't rush out and buy the Randall immediately. But If I buy the Randall I will need something to sew the lighter stuff also. People say it is hard to adjust the Randall out of it's prime use.

Any thoughts for my use?

post-10237-015036300 1324412874_thumb.jp

post-10237-031761200 1324412895_thumb.jp

post-10237-075718500 1324412908_thumb.jp

post-10237-002425400 1324412928_thumb.jp

We do not have those Randall’s here in Europe, though I wish I had one. Ask Dan Naegle Campbell Randall leather machinery, he is a member here on leatherworker, CampbellRandall. He knows all that is to know about those machines, and I have parts for it and the Adler too. I forgot to post the link to the youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJAshttLEZg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL. It looks like a 105-25/sp75 or a 105-8025. I have the same feed as the 105-25Mo.

Any thoughts for my use?

Hi there Silver star.

I have a Adler 105 sp75 and the machine is a beast.

Firstly it will sew a good stitch and isnt too bad.

Wont sew too thick. I would say max about 15mm. Just over half and inch. With the foot supplied it will leave a tread on the top leather. (Not good).Does not have walking foot and sometimes the needle will bind in the material and lift up with the single foot.

If I were you forget the adler and get a cowbot,Cobra or Artisan machine that is full walking foot not just the one foot like the Adler machine.

good luck

regards

Trevor

(way down under)

Thanks for the replies. Sounds as though I could make this machine work. I haven't got it yet, but I will pin these responses so that should I go that route I will have the required info.

Trox, I will also be welding up a stand, and would be interested to see what you come up with. The installation for many of these machines locally seems to be on tables, in a factory setting. There may be pros and cons to that, I probably don't really need the clearance around the arm that a pillar supplies, but I don't have the space for another table. So I think it will work out for the best on a pillar.

"With the foot supplied it will leave a tread on the top leather. (Not good)."

If you don't need that feature consider just filling in the tread with some liquid steel, or other high quality epoxy.

"Does not have walking foot and sometimes the needle will bind in the material and lift up with the single foot."

That sounds like a presser foot tension adjustment. Did you try that?

Hi Massive, I have used this machines for many years and never had the problems of the lifting of leather and markings on the top. But I use polished foot for the top feed and a feed dog ( bottom feed and top feed together) It will leave some markings on the back side, but reducing the tension and using a hammer on the back side at once the seam is done, will take care of that. (before the marking will fix) But of course a modern triple feed system is the best thing. I have ordered steel for welding up the stand for this and a Pfaff 345 machine. I will post pictures of it here when done. Trox

Thanks for the replies. Sounds as though I could make this machine work. I haven't got it yet, but I will pin these responses so that should I go that route I will have the required info.

Trox, I will also be welding up a stand, and would be interested to see what you come up with. The installation for many of these machines locally seems to be on tables, in a factory setting. There may be pros and cons to that, I probably don't really need the clearance around the arm that a pillar supplies, but I don't have the space for another table. So I think it will work out for the best on a pillar.

"With the foot supplied it will leave a tread on the top leather. (Not good)."

If you don't need that feature consider just filling in the tread with some liquid steel, or other high quality epoxy.

"Does not have walking foot and sometimes the needle will bind in the material and lift up with the single foot."

That sounds like a presser foot tension adjustment. Did you try that?