Sign in to follow this  
Tyree904

Closed Bottom Holster

I was unable to convince a friend of mine that he didn't want a closed bottm on his holster. The holster is finished but it puckered at the bottom. I have begun a second one, this time I am extending the leather about a 1/4 inche on the bottom to add another row of stitching. Will this be enough to correct the problem or do I need to add leather in just the puckered area. Hopefully the pics com through.

Thanks,

Terry

post-20104-054852100 1306469357_thumb.jp

I was unable to convince a friend of mine that he didn't want a closed bottm on his holster. The holster is finished but it puckered at the bottom. I have begun a second one, this time I am extending the leather about a 1/4 inche on the bottom to add another row of stitching. Will this be enough to correct the problem or do I need to add leather in just the puckered area. Hopefully the pics com through.

Thanks,

Terry

Here is a possible remedy

post-20104-019425600 1306469673_thumb.jp

Thanks,

Terry

Here is a possible remedy

post-20104-019425600 1306469673_thumb.jp

Those pics were so large on my screen I could not even view them however, if you are referring to a bit of puckering around the turns at the bottom, the best way to get rid of them is to work the heck out of the leather while its wet. The leather's got plenty enough give to it when wet that you should be able to bone the curves smooth,,,just keep working the leather until it smooths. If it gives you a hard time, its probably not damp enough.