Sign in to follow this  
treadhead1952

New Pistol - New Holster

Hi All,

Being of unsound mind, it was time for a new addition to my collection of handguns. I have been wanting to add a "Wondernine" to my stable for a while now, the idea of a handgun with a magazine capacity rivaling some submachine guns seems interesting. Browsing around the local shops I located a pretty decent deal on a Ruger P-95. Once I got it home the first question that arose was what sort of leather do I want to pack this thing around. Being that it is a full sized semi auto with a double stack magazine, inside the waist band didn't seem like a very good idea. That pretty well lets that out so OWB it was to be. Using the pistol to draw up an outline to study to see just how I wanted it to go led me to this eventually, a pancake style with a riser in the back to keep the back of the slide from poking me in the side when I sat down. I also added a stiffening band around the top to help hold it open when the pistol was withdrawn so it would be easier to re-holster it when the time came. As usual for me, everything is saddle stitched as well as glued together for maximum longevity.

EmRugerP95_0008.jpg

EmRugerP95_0009.jpg

I have had it out and about a few times now and so far it has shown no vices to speak of.