Shelly

Don King Bargrounder For Sale

I have a size 22, 7 hole, Don King bargrounder to sell. I just recently sold all of my Don King edgers, and all of the stamp tools that I'd gotten in 1996, as well as my Walt Fay tools. I did not list this bargrounder on Ebay. Don pulled this out of his pocket and handed it to me at the Sheridan Show in 2000 - I'd asked him once about getting one - he told me specifically to not show it to anyone, as it was only one of a very few that he made, and he didn't want anyone getting mad at him about me getting one, and they didn't! I got the distinct impression that I got it because I didn't badger him about it, and probably he liked me - don't really know! So, bearing in mind that my mindset right now is to be 'debt-free' as soon as possible, I'm going to offer this bargrounder for $250.

I also have two edgers left that Don sent to me - these were off his personal bench as well. The trouble with these is he forgot to mark them. One is missing the collar, but doesn't affect the way it edges - I'm sure a new one can be put on, probably get one from Douglas. I would need $125 ea for these two edgers - after these three tools are sold, I am completely sold out on my DK tool collection. Anyone that knows Don's tools will recognize them for what they are - in the meantime, I'll keep them and use them, as I DO KNOW what they are!post-7047-020671500 1307292210_thumb.jpgpost-7047-095968300 1307292606_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shelly

Here is a pic of the two edgers I have left - the bottom corner shows another edger, but that was sold.

The Don King Bargrounder has been SOLD!