Sign in to follow this  
tk1971

First Post: Singer 110W125

Yep... instead of finding this forum first, reading up, I went and dove right in.

I bought a Singer 110W125 with motor and table for about the cost of a couple of bottles of decent table wine.

After buying it, I then read the manual and found that these Singers are typically equipped with 3 sets of gears giving 20, 22 & 24 spi. I'd like to find myself a set of the Singer accessory gears available at that time that will give 12 spi:

# 238641 - FD WHEEL DRIVNG GEAR 12 STITCH 37T

# 238655 - FD WHEEL DRIVG PINION 12 STITCH 29T

I did a quick google search and thought I found them from http://s336026237.onlinehome.us/manufacturer.php?id=160

At least they had them listed... but alas, I got the out of stock error when trying to check out. Anyone know anyone with a set of these lying around somewhere?

I'm just trying to make this machine more versatile for me. I've already fallen for the "Industrial Sewing Machine" eBay listing and bought a Singer 185k (at least it's better than my plastic Kenmore). After my first Singer, I got two more (66-1 & 201k) just because they were good deals, and needed work to get them running (I like the challenge).

What I'm sewing (in general): I sew velcro patches on motorcycle armor to be placed inside my leather and cordura motorcycle jackets/suits. I've also re-shaped a spare seat for my '78 Goldwing and would like to sew a cover for it with marine grade vinyl. I was planning to use the 110W125 for this, but the 20-24 spi would not work.

Yeah, I know... I probably should go out and get myself a Juki LU-563, but I'd like to do something with the 110W125, which I just timed and prepped. It's such a nice machine... I'm itching to put it to some good use.

Thanks.

Tony

As far as parts, try calling Bob Kovar at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines (http://www.tolindsewmach.com/).....he's one of the sponsors of the site and has an ad banner at the top of the page.

I ended up making a spacer to replace one of the drive gears. This allows free motion work when running the 110w by hand. I can get whatever spi I want, as long as I'm careful, and patient.

Done and done.

Thanks.