Sign in to follow this  
dragonspit

Pocket Knife Sheath

post-16197-086919500 1313504697_thumb.jpI gotta say, putting something in a forum labeled "show off" really isnt comforting to me, lol. more like, "this is what I got this time". I guess I should say I dont feel like I am able to "show off"., but it's where we show stuff so.

This was made for my 10yr old son. Most summers I spent on the softball fiields all over the state or country with my daughter, she was off traveling and playing this summer so I was able to get my son out and about for a few trips. they were great. one trip was to franklin NC to do some gem mining like you might see on the travel channel if your able. we found some cool stuff, but dang, didnt get rich like we expected. he was very patient looking through his bucket of dirt. we then met some family in Gatlinburg Tenn see for 5 days. well they had all kinds of knife shops. my son has a collection of daggers he has on his wall from medieval fairs and such, but no carrying goods. so I decided to buy him and inexpensive pocket knife as to train him. Another trip we did, was in charleston sc where we went Kayaking. on that trip we found a sandbar that had fossilized sharks teeth if you looked well enough. I actually found half of a megledon tooth. its huge...nasty nasty thing. anyway, I decided to make josh something to carry his knife and a reminder of the summer. so what you see is a stone we got at the gem mining camp, and what you cant see (cuz when I took this pic it wasnt attached yet) was at the end of the braid we attached one of his sharkes teeth. He was a happy little boy. as I got into leather to learn tooling, just for fun, this was actually the only thing I did that doesnt have any. I did inlay his initial in the case with some imitation gator skin stuff. all the little pieces kind of got me off kilter with the assembly order and I got not dried stain on the letter outline. and I used sinew thread but struggled with that in on area. but for small parts it wasnt to bad. like all learning curves, some things came out good, others not like I planned but the overall happy boy trumps any problems. now lets see if I get this pic thing right, havent posted since the new system is up.

Neat i bet he is happywith it.

Neat i bet he is happywith it.

yeah, he is quite proud of it. puts in his pocket for safety when he walks his dog, lol. under the pillow at night....just in case.