Mokosh

How To Make Veg Tan Look Like Patent Leather?

Hi does anyone here have any clue how to recreate a super shiny patent leather finish on veg tan? I was thinking of using actual polyurethane vanish but I would like a little bit of flexibility to the surface. Anyone have any suggestions?

Your best bet there is to call LCI and see what they have, or call Wickett & Craig and see if they can apply something, they have a great finishing dept and spray line.

Other than that, spray dye, let really dry, buff of excess dye, spray with something like Saddle Lac.

Art

Hi does anyone here have any clue how to recreate a super shiny patent leather finish on veg tan? I was thinking of using actual polyurethane vanish but I would like a little bit of flexibility to the surface. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Art! I haven't used Saddle Lac before. I'll experiment with that and call those companies. :)

Your best bet there is to call LCI and see what they have, or call Wickett & Craig and see if they can apply something, they have a great finishing dept and spray line.

Other than that, spray dye, let really dry, buff of excess dye, spray with something like Saddle Lac.

Art