Rawhidelady

Texas Braiders

Hello everyone,

I just joined last night. I had been braiding for several years until my horse died and I lost interest for awhile.

I have gotten the braiding Bug all over again and plan to start again, thankfully I didn't sell all my braiding paraphanalia and other than rawhide I don't need to buy anything.

I was just wondering how many braiders are here in Texas ? I'm in the DFW area.

I tried to attach some photos but it tells me the file is too big. What is the best type format to attache photos on this site.

Thanks a bunch.

Hello everyone,

I just joined last night. I had been braiding for several years until my horse died and I lost interest for awhile.

I have gotten the braiding Bug all over again and plan to start again, thankfully I didn't sell all my braiding paraphanalia and other than rawhide I don't need to buy anything.

I was just wondering how many braiders are here in Texas ? I'm in the DFW area.

I tried to attach some photos but it tells me the file is too big. What is the best type format to attache photos on this site.

Thanks a bunch.

Here is a small how to on posting pics here. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15122

I'd suggest saving your pics as .jpg and around 640x480 resolution (my opinion)

Hi,

I'm a braider, live in Mineral Wells, TX, about 50 miles W of Ft Worth. Started braiding in 1976, added strap and chaps to the mix in the 80's, started making saddles full-time in Feb 1998. Still braiding, doing lots of saddles, repairs, chaps, personal goods, etc, etc...

My husband is a professional horse trainer, specializing in reining horses, and I show in the NP reining when I have one to haul....maybe this fall or next season, have a 3 yr old that is looking good for it!

Shelly

MJ Liggett Saddlery & Braiding, LLC

4065 N Hwy 281

Mineral Wells, TX 76067

940-682-5657

www.liggettenterprises.com

Hi,

I'm a braider, live in Mineral Wells, TX, about 50 miles W of Ft Worth. Started braiding in 1976, added strap and chaps to the mix in the 80's, started making saddles full-time in Feb 1998. Still braiding, doing lots of saddles, repairs, chaps, personal goods, etc, etc...

My husband is a professional horse trainer, specializing in reining horses, and I show in the NP reining when I have one to haul....maybe this fall or next season, have a 3 yr old that is looking good for it!

Shelly

MJ Liggett Saddlery & Braiding, LLC

4065 N Hwy 281

Mineral Wells, TX 76067

940-682-5657

www.liggettenterprises.com

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for introducing yourself.

Wow sounds like you have all the bases covered in the horse gear corner.

Do you have a shop or store that you work out of? Or do you just do it at home?

I'd love to make the drive and see some of your work.

Smiles,

Terri

We have some braiders on here.......Hopefully they will key up and jump on. Alan Bell and Aggiebraider are a few. Welcome to the forum!

Here is a small how to on posting pics here. http://leatherworker...showtopic=15122

I'd suggest saving your pics as .jpg and around 640x480 resolution (my opinion)

Hey thanks for the posting tip.

By the way love your photo..too cute.

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for introducing yourself.

Wow sounds like you have all the bases covered in the horse gear corner.

Do you have a shop or store that you work out of? Or do you just do it at home?

I'd love to make the drive and see some of your work.

Smiles,

Terri

Hi,

I have a shop at our place. We have an 80 acre training facility, a 20 stall show barn, and a big indoor arena, with the shop on the end of the indoor. The indoor is right on the side of Hwy 281, 4 miles N of MW. We are here most of the time - I will be in Denton with a booth, from the 9th to the 11th, for WGH Cowboy Gathering and Tradeshow, in Denton, TX, other than that, here about 24/7!

Hi,

I have a shop at our place. We have an 80 acre training facility, a 20 stall show barn, and a big indoor arena, with the shop on the end of the indoor. The indoor is right on the side of Hwy 281, 4 miles N of MW. We are here most of the time - I will be in Denton with a booth, from the 9th to the 11th, for WGH Cowboy Gathering and Tradeshow, in Denton, TX, other than that, here about 24/7!

Oh well thanks I hadn't heard of the tradeshow being here in Denton.

I will most definitely look for you there.

Happy Braiding

Hey thanks for the posting tip.

By the way love your photo..too cute.

No problem, and thank you, I get a little nutty sometimes :D

Welcome to the forum!

Kevin

Hey,

I am originally from Ohio, but came to Texas a few years ago for grad school. I have been braiding for about 6 years, but only 2 of those have been with rawhide and kangaroo. I dont really have a specialty other than braiding horse gear and small personal stuff like bracelets and what not. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask any time. There is a pretty good search function here but if you cant find what you are looking for we are more than happy to help. The braiding section is a small community on here, but a few of us check it pretty often.

Shelly, do you have any more information about the Cowboy Gathering in Denton? I didnt know about it and am free that weekend so I might have to drive up.

Thanks and Welcome!

CW

Hey,

I am originally from Ohio, but came to Texas a few years ago for grad school. I have been braiding for about 6 years, but only 2 of those have been with rawhide and kangaroo. I dont really have a specialty other than braiding horse gear and small personal stuff like bracelets and what not. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask any time. There is a pretty good search function here but if you cant find what you are looking for we are more than happy to help. The braiding section is a small community on here, but a few of us check it pretty often.

Shelly, do you have any more information about the Cowboy Gathering in Denton? I didnt know about it and am free that weekend so I might have to drive up.

Thanks and Welcome!

CW

277009_157636364300696_5372114_n.jpg

The gathering starts at noon on Friday, the auction is on Saturday, and it's over Sunday afternoon...here is a ad pasted from their facebook page.

276476_148938911842857_5952412_n.jpg

this is the info for the cowboy gathering...

Hi, I joined the forum a couple of days ago. My name is Enrique and I live in Garland, TX. with my wife and son (Close to Dallas Downtown). I have been braiding for about 28 years. I am originally from Argentina. I moved to Texas 10 years ago. Feel free to contact me for anything you need. My email is eocapone@verizon.net

Cheers,

Enrique