Sign in to follow this  
Guest broncobranding

Rebuild Syd Hill Barcoo Poley Family Heirloom

Guest broncobranding

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully someone out there can help me. I need a Syd Hill Barcoo Poley Australian Stock Saddle rebuilt/repaired for my husband. This saddle belonged to his father and has seen over 30 years hard work and is looking a little tired. I would love to get it repaired for my husband to use and pass on to our sons. We have been told in the past that it is not worth having it repaired as it will cost too much, but that is not really the point. I am happy to pay all costs, can probably organsise some hides if required or am happy for you to supply your own as well as pay extra so you can make some money out of it. I know this job will take a long time, so am not expecting the saddle to be completed until April 2012.

I am looking for someone who will do a good job - I have seen saddles redone in the past by supposed 'experts' but was not impressed by the result.

We live on a cattle station in the Far North of SA (400km south of the NT border). We use horses for work and pleasure and sport. My father-in-law inherited his grandfathers leather working tools that date back to the 1800's and he knows how to use them - we are just too busy trying to make a living for him to do anything with them! Ideally we would like to build an on-going relationship with a craftsman who is interested in rebuilding/repairing Australian saddles and harness (especially horse collars!), as well as making new harness items - because we could probably keep you busy for years to come!

Like I said I am interested in quality before price and know that a good job takes a long time.

If you are interested, please email me and send some pictures of your work if possible (before and after pictures would be great!) or give me a call in the afternoon - I am in the school room all morning teaching school of the air with my kids.

Here's hoping!

Gillian 08 86701071

I am going to reach out there and say you are in the land of Oz or New Zealand. To send it back and forth between there and the USA would not be cost effective if at all possible.It would be cheaper to have the craftsman come to you and have you put them up during the restoration.

Hi I would be interested in looking at what you have if you would like to send a picture we are JC saddle and Shoe Repair and I do a lot of this work but keep in mind we are in Oregon but you can reach me at jcsaddle11@yahoo.com I can send you some before and after pictures also.

Gary

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully someone out there can help me. I need a Syd Hill Barcoo Poley Australian Stock Saddle rebuilt/repaired for my husband. This saddle belonged to his father and has seen over 30 years hard work and is looking a little tired. I would love to get it repaired for my husband to use and pass on to our sons. We have been told in the past that it is not worth having it repaired as it will cost too much, but that is not really the point. I am happy to pay all costs, can probably organsise some hides if required or am happy for you to supply your own as well as pay extra so you can make some money out of it. I know this job will take a long time, so am not expecting the saddle to be completed until April 2012.

I am looking for someone who will do a good job - I have seen saddles redone in the past by supposed 'experts' but was not impressed by the result.

We live on a cattle station in the Far North of SA (400km south of the NT border). We use horses for work and pleasure and sport. My father-in-law inherited his grandfathers leather working tools that date back to the 1800's and he knows how to use them - we are just too busy trying to make a living for him to do anything with them! Ideally we would like to build an on-going relationship with a craftsman who is interested in rebuilding/repairing Australian saddles and harness (especially horse collars!), as well as making new harness items - because we could probably keep you busy for years to come!

Like I said I am interested in quality before price and know that a good job takes a long time.

If you are interested, please email me and send some pictures of your work if possible (before and after pictures would be great!) or give me a call in the afternoon - I am in the school room all morning teaching school of the air with my kids.

Here's hoping!

Gillian 08 86701071

Guest Ty Granger

Hi Gillian, I am President of the Saddle and Harness Makers Association of Australia, Rod Nikkel told me about your dilemma and I am sure I can find someone that can help you. You can give me a call when it is convenient for you and we can work someting out. Ty Granger 07 5484 1593.

Hi Everyone!

Here's hoping!

Gillian 08 86701071