Sign in to follow this  
Guy W

My First Holster - 1911 Iwb

Well I wasn't sure if I was going to post the picture of my first holster. I made plenty of mistakes on it, but I guess since it's my first attempt at ever doing anything with leather hopefully you guys will go easy on me. This is based on a pattern that shooter mcgavin was kind enough to share with me. I can't thank him enough for the help he has given me. And thanks to everyone else that took the time to answer all the questions I've posted in the past couple weeks. If it wasn't for the community I'd probably still be sitting here with a pile of materials and a bunch of ??? floating over my head.

Thanks again.

2l9mo1d.jpg

First one? Really?

Guy, that is beyond excellent for a first holster. Sure, there are a few minor things that would improve the looks of it, but I really see only one thing to change for functionality...and that may just be the camera angle.

Very nice application of the knowledge you've learned here.

thanks for the praise. i'll keep learning and trying new things and hopefully improve over time.

Thanks Nick. I'm not sure about being a natural, haha, but I appreciate the compliment. Honestly I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the help of the community here and especially shooter mcgavins help, advice, and excellent pattern to start from. Next on my todo list is a matching magazine pouch but I'm not sure how I'm going to put that together. I think I want it to be worn outside the belt kinda like a knife pouch but not sure how to assemble it to fit on the belt and still be fairly snug/close to the body.

Thanks Nick. I'm not sure about being a natural, haha, but I appreciate the compliment. Honestly I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the help of the community here and especially shooter mcgavins help, advice, and excellent pattern to start from. Next on my todo list is a matching magazine pouch but I'm not sure how I'm going to put that together. I think I want it to be worn outside the belt kinda like a knife pouch but not sure how to assemble it to fit on the belt and still be fairly snug/close to the body.

If you want to put it outside of the belt and still be close go with a pancake style. This is not my design but its an example of what I am suggesting. You can double it if you want to store 2 mags. A pancake, done right, hugs the body well. I am not suggesting you copy this one exactly but it is an example of the concept. FWIW, there is no need to stitch around the belt slots. You certainly can but its not needed.

SHR_Mag_Glock.JPG

Edited by mlapaglia

i like that idea with the belt slots. thanks for the idea, i'll try something like that.