Sign in to follow this  
glockanator

Used Tools

Good Day-

I was approached by a guy at work about buying his "Collection" of leather tools. I am not sure what he has its all sight un seen. I know he has a head knife that I am interested in but other than that not sure. My question is what would be a fair price for stamps punches etc?

Thanks

$25 bucks??

It would depend on what he has......sorry to say this but it just depends on quite a few things. I know this doesn't help, but buyer beware!

Good luck!

$25 bucks??

It would depend on what he has......sorry to say this but it just depends on quite a few things. I know this doesn't help, but buyer beware!

Good luck!

Ha Ha Ha thanks! Depending on the head knife I am going to offer about $20-25 as for the stamps and what not I am thinking $2-3 is fair. Any thoughts?

It'll depend on what they are. If they are chrome plated Craftools (the good ones made 15-20 years ago), then you should be fine in the $2-3 or maybe $5-6 range. If they are the 'new' ones that suffer from lack of quality control, then I wouldn't even bother getting them.

If they are either stainless or blued steel, and look to be hand made or at least hand finished....they could be worth a good bit more as those conditions show better quality. Get a little info on them and post it here, that way we can give you a better idea of what they're worth.

Well that turned out to be a bust! He had mostly "New" tandy stamps and was asking full retail price for them ($8 a piece). He did not have a head knife (which is what I was the most interested in.) But I did get some goodies. I picked up three books and a motorcycle accesory pack for $20 a swivel knife, stone,and some other misc. little things for $75.00 out the door. I don think I did to bad.