Shooter McGavin

Shoulder Holster Measurements

I've never made a shoulder holster before, but I do have a Galco model here that I can study for ideas on building one. I have a fella who would like one for a Glock 19. He says he has a "large build" and in the past I have made him a 60 inch belt. What measurements do I need from so I can build an adjustable shoulder holster that would fit him correctly?

Thanks

Dan

You need center-top of back (where the straps cross) across the shoulder and down the front of the torso to under the arm, and from the same spot on the back to the same place under the arm, but going across the back in the shoulder blade area.

Those measurements, twice for the straps on each side.

It's kinda odd that yesterday I got the green light on a shoulder holster order. Maybe these things run in cycles...

34 inches over, 24 inches under, is the measurement the fella gave me. Glock 19 horizontal with retention strap and a dual mag carrier for the other side.

I'm figuring on allowing 4 inches of adjustment each way on the straps?

Do you think I will need a tie down on either side?

The order I'm working on does include the tie downs, also for a glock 19 + 2 mags.....for a buddy's wife. If your customer didn't specify to include them or not, I say: offer the option. Include a small tab at the bottom of the holster/mag pouch for the tie down, and include the tie downs with the rig. If he doesn't want them, it's simple to remove it and the tab doesn't interfere with anything.