Sign in to follow this  
silverhead

Hello From Iowa

I'm new here and new to any leather working. I'd been seeing a lot of cool projects posted online and thought I might as well learn how people are doing it.

I have no artistic ability as far as some of the amazing work I'm seeing here, so I'm focusing more on simple things with no design incorporated into them. I made a belt and I'd like to make wallets, bags, and custom camera cases.

I look forward to using some of the tools I bought to try and crank out some Christmas presents for people. This past weekend I made myself a belt from a raw strap. I'm happy that it looks like a belt. It took me a really long time to sew it though. It was a learning experience.

6297215077_96a6d59c09_z.jpg

Hey nice belt, where in IA, I'm in the DM area

That is a nice looking belt. I have always liked the look of the clean white stitches against dark colored leather. Never been good enough at stitching to actually try it. Congrats! Stitching by hand is a chore, but yours look really nice! I am from IA as well. I'm in Ames and visit the Des Moines Tandy often. Welcome to LW.net the greatest leather working resource on the net.

Hey there. I'm in Ames and make it to DSM regularly. I hit up the leather store on NE 14th St. last Friday to buy the tools I needed to do the belt. It was the first time I'd ever been there, but I plan on going back on a Saturday when I have more time to look around. It's good to know I'm not the only one around here that knows about the internet.