Sign in to follow this  
eldabio

Uncharted Videogame Series Shoulder Rig

Hello All,<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">I am going to try to create the holster in this picture. This picture is from another forum that I found and this is someone else's production but I love it and want to try it. I am looking for any input, suggestions, or help of any kind. This will be the first rig of this kind that I have attempted. I'm going to Tandy Leather Factory in Cincy tomorrow to pick out my raw materials.

post-26598-073077900 1321667413_thumb.jp

A shoulder holster with the magazines as a counter weight? I thought about doing a carry kit like this until my firearms instructor spooked me out of carrying under my arm with a cross over like that. Look forward to seeing your finished project though. The lower end of the straps look like they could be made adjustable with some tweaking, which is neat.

I am using this pic as a template some what. I am planning on making the mag carriers have snaps on the back so they snap to the square platform they ride on so you can adjust from the vertical position to horizontal. Or maybe make interchangeable pouches that can be snapped on.

That will be a fun project since there's no sewing involved and the challenge will be the shape of the whole thing. Does the other post you got it from say anything about how 'practical' it is? (ie how it feels on, does it slip off/ flap about....) Making it adjustable will improve it unless you want a total recreation for cosplay or something.