Sign in to follow this  
robbie1

Championship Belt Design

Hello forum! I do not post on here much but I'm in need of some help. This is a little project I am going to be working on at tax time. I have done one of these before but it kind of turned into a disaster because my leathercrafting skills were not up to par. I have made a lot of improvements since then and figure I would give it one more shot. This is a championship belt design I came up with on Corel Draw. The plates are going to be etched zinc that are going to be electroplated with a combination of 24kt gold and nickel silver. They are going to have bolts welded on the back that are going to be attached to regular 8-9 oz veggie tanned leather that it is going to be stamped and dyed. The border line around the plates is going to be beveled with a border stamp around them. The snap boxes on the ends of the strap are going to be filled in with a backgrounder stamp. I was going to have the pattern printed out at Staples because the strap is 10 inches tall and 50 inches long. The question I have is what would you recommend transferring such a large pattern to the tooling leather because I want to this to be cut as evenly as possible.