Sign in to follow this  
jackaroo1223

Hanging Shotgun Rack

I saw this great way to hang a shotgun on a wall in a store the other day, and I'd like to replicate it at home. I'm new to leatherwork, so I'm looking for some guidance on what kind of leather I should get for it, and maybe if someone would have a general idea on the step by step process? I'm sure a lot of it is personal preference based on measurements of my shotgun and how large I want the piece to be.

post-26244-058375700 1325891342_thumb.jp

post-26244-000311600 1325891295_thumb.jp

Very nice job.

That is a good idea and one I haven't seen before. I will try that one myself. I think all the information you will need to make it can be found on this forum . The cutting, stamping/tooling,dying, hardware , lots to learn and a good project to start out with. Have fun and lots of good people here to learn from.

I'd start with some 8/9 oz. veg tan leather, brass rivets and some brass Sam Brown button studs (for the clasps on the gun straps) The tooling and colors are up to you. Nice rifle, by the way. I have .54 cal Hawkins just like it. Love that black powder.