aaniishna

New Member From Michigan

Hello,

I am very happy to have found Leatherworker.net. I attached some photos of very small leather bags I recently created. I will soon be photographing many more of my leather work and will share them too. I have traditionally worked on Native American feminine attire and accessories. However I am researching and broadening my work to include items traditionally used my men. I am working on a possibles bag right now for my mountain man and am also interested in knife sheaths.

I life life as simply and naturally as possible. I love history and the old school ways of getting things done. I look forward to meeting many of you and seeing what you are up to with your leather.

post-28227-060962700 1326944497_thumb.jp

post-28227-042150900 1326944520_thumb.jp

I like your bags. The black one reminds me of a bird without a beak.

Thank you!

Those pouches are beautiful, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin! I am also interested in learning about carving and stamping. I am getting ready to try my first wet formed bag for the possibles bag I mentioned. I will be really looking around here for more information today and tomorrow so that I feel as confident as possible that I know how to approach the project for the best results.

Noelle

Hello from Grand Haven!

Aahhh a fellow Michigander-hello!

I like your work!

Hello from Sweden!

/ knut

Thanks Old Timer. I will be looking into your posts and contributions about leather work. It looks like you are very skilled and experienced. I am very new to working with wet formed cow hide. I have always worked with deer and elk and now work almost exclusively with very soft brain tanned and smoked hides. I understand that for durable men's hunting accoutrements the wet formed cow hide is vital so I have many new skills to learn. See you in the forums!

Hey love your bags. Excited to see more of your work. I too am from michigan. Chesterfield to be exact. Welcome to the site. You'll definitly learn alot from these great and talented people. I know I have.