KND

Cobra 4 Problems

I've had some of the same problems I haven't worked out everything yet, but I did manage to stop breaking needles and ruining leather. Part of my problem seemed to be the type of leather I was using. I do notice that it works very well on vegetable tanned leather and not as well on naked leathers. It does seem to have a problem with making the stitch look both the same on the top and bottom of the stitch although I've tried adjusting it and tweaking it all over. Part of the problem it seemed was that because I worked with other finishes the leather would be sucked down with the needle and as the project grew it seemed to pull needle around. My solution was to loosen the tension a lot! then gradually tighten (although I still haven't been able to match the top and bottom stitch). I added a box to extend table to lighten the pull of the weight of the leather and I also have used hand stitching in those areas where I seemed to have trouble or hand crank lifting the item to relieve the pull. It isn't a perfect solution and I still am having an industrial machine repairman come in and help me make adjustment, a fix a few things for me, if I get a moment of time to stop working on projects, until then I'm just making it work as best I can.

I can say this however, the machine goes through a lot of leather, with no problem, and after I did all the above it seems to be starting work with the projects I've been doing. To date I've worked with Buffalo Leather, Mellow tan, and Hair on Calf on this machine. I came here looking for a bobbin winder suggestion so guess I'll get back to that.