Sign in to follow this  
Suicide

Stamp For Stitcing Simulating

It is not a stamp, but some people use an overstitcher on cased leather.

It is not a stamp, but some people use an overstitcher on cased leather.

Thanks for reply, Bruce.

I actually have tried overstitcher and it looks like.... well.... :) like just set of pinholes inside a groove. Not like a stitch. :(

Maybe your leather is too dry? Mine seems to make a pretty good stitch impression?

Maybe your leather is too dry? Mine seems to make a pretty good stitch impression?

I tried both cased leather - had grooved it before when it was dry , then cased, then used stitcher while tooliing, and like stitcher I usualy used to use - groove, then damp the only that groove and finally used stitcher. In both cases I got nothing mora than just a serie of pinholes :blush:

May be I should omit a grooving?:dunno:

PS: Next time I going for practice I'll take a shots of what I get with stitcher.

That might be something--How deeply did you groove? I did not groove deeply and wound up with an impression of stitches before. Maybe if the groove is too deep, the wheel can't get set down deeply enough to mold the top of the groove against the "scoop" of the wheel, or the fleshy center can't mold as well as the upper layers?

That might be something--How deeply did you groove? I did not groove deeply and wound up with an impression of stitches before. Maybe if the groove is too deep, the wheel can't get set down deeply enough to mold the top of the groove against the "scoop" of the wheel, or the fleshy center can't mold as well as the upper layers?

Groove is not much deep - I just used smallest Tandy's groover blade for it (so it fracts of mm) but everything looks exactly like you say. I also may need to push overstitcher more... I will make some experiments next time .

Thanks for sharing your experience and for your suggestions!