Hey all. I'm doing a project with some color in it and was wondering how well vinegroom does with bleeding and such in fine work or should I just use like USMC black and paint the tight areas by hand like normal.

What I'm doing is making a case for a tablet with a large red logo. The red logo is going to be surrounded by the black main color of the case and I dont want the black bleeding into the red at all.

Another question I had is that Ive never worked with the Eco-flow Cova colors... are they pretty flexable? It isnt going to peel or anything with the case flexing when it is opened and closed?

Mudruck,

Hope this ain't too late, haven't been on in a while. The vinegaroon.......there is a chance that it may do a small bit of migrating but if it is painted on with a fine brush, you may have a better chance of success. Vinegar black (vinegaroon) does change the chemical make-up of the leather as it works on the tannins. You will find that it has more flexibility than when you use dye. I make only holsters and find that to be true with them, therefore when I have to mold and bone a holster, I do not use vinegar black. It just doesn't shape as well but is more flexible.

The painting question with the Eco-Flo Cova colors, I cannot answer as I don't paint anything...but they do have red dye. Hope this help some. Semper-fi Mike