Sign in to follow this  
glockanator

Luger Holster

Finished this last night.

01a7c839.jpg

Cool. I made one last year for a guy who still hasn't paid for it come to think of it.

IMG_1713.jpg

Now I know there are a total of two pancakes for Lugers in existance.

I add to much space for the stitch line on the barrel. Oh well still like it. That is a nice looking holster as well.

Lugers have to be one of the most challenging pistols to fit properly into a modern concealment holster. There's just not a lot of pistol to mold. You can't mold tight onto the barrel because of the towering front sight. And besides, it's round, so it doesn't give much grip anyway. The midsection is narrow, and it's very heavy at the back end. Canting the gun in the holster would certainly give a bigger cross section to grip, but I don;t know if it would help much.

Glockinator: Is that a strap on yours? I suspect that's the pragmatic answer.

Anyone else tackle a Luger or Ruger Mark pistol?

tk

Lugers have to be one of the most challenging pistols to fit properly into a modern concealment holster. There's just not a lot of pistol to mold. You can't mold tight onto the barrel because of the towering front sight. And besides, it's round, so it doesn't give much grip anyway. The midsection is narrow, and it's very heavy at the back end. Canting the gun in the holster would certainly give a bigger cross section to grip, but I don;t know if it would help much.

Glockinator: Is that a strap on yours? I suspect that's the pragmatic answer.

Anyone else tackle a Luger or Ruger Mark pistol?

tk

Yeah it has a thumb break on it. my Dad is oldschool PO and doesnt trust open top holsters. Thats the way he wanted it so thats how he got it.

The Luger is a heck of a lot easier than the Ruger 22. It's front sight is a gigantic hook, that will hang on something, no matter what you do.

Yeah it has a thumb break on it. my Dad is oldschool PO and doesn't trust open top holsters. Thats the way he wanted it so thats how he got it.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound critical. I don't like straps, but I can't think of another way of really securing it.

tk