Sign in to follow this  
bukitleather

List Of Tools

Hi

I really want to learn about leather carving..

I already had some basic tools to help me with that, but I'm wondering if I need more than I have

this picture and design is extremely beautiful for me and I really want to learn it

(picture credit to KC,s Experience Leathercraft)

montana-top.jpg

could you please experts from here, help me to make a list about tools that I need to make something like picture above?

and I'm also wondering, what is the difference between metal swivel knife and plastic swivel knife?

thank you

Amor.

Wow!! No offense meant, but you are asking where Da Vinci bought his brushes so you can paint like him.

Start by going through the "Getting Started" forum here. Read everything you can get you hands on and practice every day.

I have mostly Tandy Tools but I am upgrading the ones that I use the most as I can afford. Barry King has a nice line of tools and has recommendations on his website.

I assume you mean ceramic blades. Expensive and brittle if you drop them, but no need to sharpen-ever. Only strop.