FHL FERG

Need Advice On A Possible Adler Purchase

I'm looking at a Durkopp Adler 267-373. It comes with the table and the motor. The motor specs are: 1.5 hp 220 volt 3 phase 3600rpm variable speed Mitsubishi.

From what I have read this model of Adler head is a medium to heavy duty unit. Is that correct?

It will be my first and only machine for now. I will mostly use it to sew guitar strap type projects, maybe a holster, wallet or sheath from time to time. It should work for that I believe..... ?

Will I be able to slow this motor down enough or will I need to look at swapping it out? if so what could I expect to spend on making the swap?

Best I can tell, this should be the manual info for it:

http://www.duerkopp-...%2F267%2F

It looks just like this one.....

Durkopp_Adler-267-373_back.jpg

Thanks for any guidance.

Edited by FHL FERG

Hi, I have one just like that, a Dürkopp Adler 267-990056-373. It is a medium rate upholstry class machine, triple feed, large hook. Adler still sell this machine (Weaver leather USA, among others) It sews up to 10 to 12 mm of material, but not with the thickest threads. Sorry only metric sizes; from TKT 60 up to TKT 15 (polyester/ braided polyester) (maybe TKT 10 on top and smaller in bobbin)

But I have heavier sewing machines for thick thread, so I do not use it for that.

This is the a strong well proven machine, without to much equipment, to keep the price down. It will sew everything you mentioned but holsters. Holsters are sewen with very thick threads; TKT 10 and thicker. Holsters normaly has three or more layers with thick leather (lining and welts).

For this work you will also need a cylinderarm machine, like triple feed Juki 441, Adler 205-370 or clones (Cobra 3, 4 Cowboy 3500, 4500 and more) Or similar heavy leather stitcher.

If the motor is as strong as 1,5 hp (1075 watts, that`s the biggest yet?) variable speed Mitsubishi, it is likely a stop motor with needle position. It will be more than strong enoch, and you will sew as slow as you want to. Look for that syncronisher head on the handweel (as on my Efka DC 1600 motor), if it has that it is a stop motor, it add`s value to the machine if it works (expensive pro motor like the Efka is). Do you have three phase current in your workshop? Ask Gregg from Keystone sewingmachine Co for a converter if you only have 110V single phase, he sell those motors . The motor is most likly not that big, 550w to 750w (1 hp) is more likely. 1 hp is more than enoch for that rating of machine.

This is a very good machine, it is easy to get accessories and parts for it. High second hand value, high quality machine. Never had any problems with mine and It is a dream working with. I am very happy with mine, higly recommended.

Trox

quote name='FHL FERG' timestamp='1333323199' post='241986']

I'm looking at a Durkopp Adler 267-373. It comes with the table and the motor. The motor specs are: 1.5 hp 220 volt 3 phase 3600rpm variable speed Mitsubishi.

From what I have read this model of Adler head is a medium to heavy duty unit. Is that correct?

It will be my first and only machine for now. I will mostly use it to sew guitar strap type projects, maybe a holster, wallet or sheath from time to time. It should work for that I believe..... ?

Will I be able to slow this motor down enough or will I need to look at swapping it out? if so what could I expect to spend on making the swap?

Best I can tell, this should be the manual info for it:

http://www.duerkopp-...%2F267%2F

It looks just like this one.....

Durkopp_Adler-267-373_back.jpg

Thanks for any guidance.

post-10237-034771400 1333328349_thumb.jp

post-10237-061701700 1333328599_thumb.jp