Egraham

Glueing Crystals On Leather

Just wondering what success you've had gluing crystals onto leather? I have both E600 & E9000 cement glues... would you reccomend using either of thoes or is there something better out there? How sturdy are they.. or will they just fall off after a short while? Thanks.

Not long for this world. Crystals are usually sold and applied like spots, they are in a carrier that looks like a spot and applies using the same tools. See Weaver Catalog for more info.

Art

Just wondering what success you've had gluing crystals onto leather? I have both E600 & E9000 cement glues... would you reccomend using either of thoes or is there something better out there? How sturdy are they.. or will they just fall off after a short while? Thanks.

Well, I don't know beans about crystals, sounds like they are kind of dinky things, but I have attached obsidian to leather with good succes. I do, however, cut out an area of the leather, attach a backing of 1/32" birch plywood under the cut-out and epoxy the stone in place to the backing. I then line the entire item with thinner leather, covering the back side of the birch plywood to finish. Example. Mike

001-3-2.jpg

Edited by katsass