Sign in to follow this  
renegade13

Oak Bark Belt

Hi,<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">I'm looking for a tan/london colored oak bark leather belt, preferably harness ~4-6mm thick, 1" wide. Can anyone help me?

Mods--i know I put this in the supplies forum, I misposted and wish for it to be here. Thanks!

Ok, I'm going to point you to http://www.tannerbates.co.uk/sales/the-oakbark-leather-belt because I can find exactly one professional tannery that does oak bark tanning http://www.jfjbaker.co.uk/, and not many more places that sell finished goods. Some of the friendlier leather suppliers might be able to track the leather down for you, but it looks like you will have to do some leg work yourself if you really want this belt. Sorry.

It seems that there are quite a few people online selling oak bark leather belts, but the problem is that they are all making products I don't want—1.5 inch belts with sewn buckles, or stitched belts with a chiseled edge. I hear that there might be UK members that might be able to help

Out of curiosity, I checked with Kevin over at Springfield Leather Co. Any traditional bark tanned leather is hard to come by. Oak bark specifically, he said is pretty much impossible in any kind of consistent quantity or quality. The only exception I've seen is the one tannery I linked to above.

Any number of members here could create the exact belt you want using modern veg-tan and dying it to your preference. A true oak bark belt however would be hard to come by. tannerbates.co.uk might be worth contacting to see if they would be willing to do a custom project.