Sign in to follow this  
SandSquid

3" Judge Holster Template <Or> Bluegun Rental?

A very good friend (& Navy Chief) of mine is retiring and a bunch of folks chipped in to buy him a 3" Magnum Judge. (3" chamber, 3" barrel)

I took a tracing of it to work up a holster but having an alread debugged pattern would be über-awesome, since I/we won't have the weapon to for me to model off of until it is back from being engraved.

I would like to get as much done as possible while I'm off at camp so when I get home I can just do the wet-molding and turn it over for the gift-wrapping and later presetation

Or if someone might have a bluegun they could rent me for a few dollars that would be even better!

I have a pattern you can use, but I'm currently out of town and in a hotel. If you can wait until tomorrow night, I'll get it scanned for you. The pattern is right handed, slightly canted, and includes a thumb strap.

I have a pattern you can use, but I'm currently out of town and in a hotel. If you can wait until tomorrow night, I'll get it scanned for you. The pattern is right handed, slightly canted, and includes a thumb strap.

That would be great, a few days is just fine by me...

could i get a copy of this pattern as well please. I am needing t for a fire chief that is retiring next month.

thanks.

I don't have a pattern, but you can go on line and google the model judge you need. You will be able to find good profile views, and the manufactures will list the dimensions. Just adjust the picture to print the correct size, and print all the patterns you want. After making several holsters, I can usually tell how much to allow around it for stitch lines. Hope this helps.

Here it is: This is a scan of the actual leather, converted to gray scale. Using Ifranview, you'll need to select "fit to page", and it should print out actual size. I didn't include the belt slot, but it's pretty easy to figure out. Print out, line up the edges and tape it together for the complete pattern. NOTE: This is a ROUGH PATTERN.....tweak as needed. I also recommend cutting the leather at least 1/4 inch outside the pattern so you'll have room for compensating differences in leather thickness, etc., etc. Length of the thumb strap is pretty close.

post-5374-097418800 1338130720_thumb.jpgpost-5374-097819600 1338130679_thumb.jpg

This pattern is for a 'rough-out' holster so if you want grain side out, don't forget to reverse the pattern on the leather.

Here it is: This is a scan of the actual leather, converted to gray scale.

Sweet, thanks!

So, stupid question, how do I download it so I can print it....

click and drag the image to a new tab....that'll open the pic in that tab. Then (in the new tab with just the picture) right click and select "Save Image As"....when the dialog box opens up, select your destination folder (or just the desktop), make sure you're saving as a .JPG and hit 'okay'. That will save the image to your computer.

From your desktop, open the image that you've saved on your computer. When it's open, click to print.

OR.....

Tell your neighbor that you need to borrow their kid to do something with the computer. (I can say this because I had a 5th grader show me why my C++ program wasn't compiling right.......and that's when I raised the white flag)

click and drag the image to a new tab....that'll open the pic in that tab.

that's got it.

Thought I'd share my progress so far. I'll still call this one a "prototype"...

I'm going to get it all stitched up and molded and to check for fit, make any adjustments of the stitch lines, etc, and then cut it apart and then use that as my template for the final product.

post-30477-042095000 1340505577_thumb.jp