DrizztFan24

Pattern ideas needed!

So I have recently undergone the venture of making myself a belt, froggs, and sheaths for my two swords (Drizzt replicas :P ). They are very uncurvy scimitars and the blades are 30" long. I have a very limited tool supply (borrowed from the school, they hadn't been seen in over 9 years...then i found them) and was wondering about some possible decorative ideas for the sheaths. They will eventually be used in a Drizzt armor costume.

So suggestions about either the sheath decorations or color schemes for the armor would be wonderful.

I think I'd start by digging up all the known artwork of Drizzt from canon Forgotten Realms stuff (not fan art, but art from Bob Salvatore's books and from D&D FR stuff) and see what you can see.

Here's a good start: http://images.google.com/images?q=drizzt

Edited by hivemind

Well, for Twinkle and IcingDeath, I think you'd probably like to use a hardened leather. Do a search on the forum for it, as there's several topics. You will probably want to avoid chrome tanned leather as the salts in it can damage the swords' finish. I think the seams will probably need to be on the inside (as worn). For decoration, you might try scroll work instead of a lot of tooling. Color? Well, pick something that will match Drizzt's description.

Yea, my dad is currently working on his suit so I "borrowed" some of the left over stuff (all veg tanned) and make a few cut outs. The leather is a heavier set (8-9?) leather and I plan on waxing the sheaths to offer some protection from the elements and some stability.

Drizzt's description. What color is willpower with a bit of righteouness thrown in?

Ok, so Ive got a sheath idea down. I just planned on doing a simple scrollwork pattern across the flat of the blade (sheath) after it ahs been dyed. I will dye them black and use a purple paint-pen to do the fine lines. Other than that I planned on 2 small pinstripes to follow the curve of the blade on the sharpened edge.

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.

What color is willpower with a bit of righteouness thrown in? Hmmm...ask a Drow?

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.

What color is willpower with a bit of righteouness thrown in? Hmmm...ask a Drow?

Im guessing the answer would be a chuckle followed by "Dead."