Trox

Cs. Osborne Made In England?

Hi everybody,

I got this in the mail today. I bought it as an Osborn tool in EBay. It is noted in the add it is made in England, nevertheless I did not notice. Now I see on the maker stamp it says "CS. Osborne Co.

Made in England"? :brainbleach: :helpsmilie:

Did CS. Osborne also produce some of their tool in England? Or is this a fake? I did a spark test on it and it looks like it is made of carbon steel. Anybody who knows more about Osborne tools than I do please let me know.

In advance thanks

Trox

post-10237-040209200 1342631888_thumb.jp

post-10237-049876900 1342631900_thumb.jp

Trox,

Not fakes. I don't known when these were made, but have had quite a few of them. I have never seen the "CS Osborne Made In England" on anything but punches though - strap ends and slots. They appear all in the world like they were made in the same style as Dixons. Good steel in them. On the strap end punches the walls are thicker than the domestic CSOs.

Thanks you Bruce for that info, you are a walking encyclopedia of leather tools. Yes, it looks like the Dixon style of punch and the steel is good. I might be made in the same place as the Dixons. Will you have any holyday this summer? In case, I should order something of you. And please will you look at the sewing machine section, the thread about adjustments for the 441 stirrup plate.

In advance thanks

Trox

Trox,

Not fakes. I don't known when these were made, but have had quite a few of them. I have never seen the "CS Osborne Made In England" on anything but punches though - strap ends and slots. They appear all in the world like they were made in the same style as Dixons. Good steel in them. On the strap end punches the walls are thicker than the domestic CSOs.