Mike T

New Member In Mississippi

Hello everyone.

I am a newbee here and a newbee to leather working. I have dabbled with leather a bit and I am now looking to learn how to use the tools properly.

A friend that is now deceased was always the the "go to" guy that did all my leather work. I now have borrowed his tools from another friend and want to learn to do things myself.

I have a holster project in mind so I am now putting together the leather and other things I need to make the holster. I have seen a couple of videos on youtube that show how to use some of the tools. This just made me hungry for more information!

This looks like a great site and I can't wait to start browsing the threads.

Best to all,

Mike

Where in MS you from Mike?

Where in MS you from Mike?

Hello Radar..... I'm in Meridian.

That's about an hour and a half from me.

Hello everyone.

I am a newbee here and a newbee to leather working. I have dabbled with leather a bit and I am now looking to learn how to use the tools properly.

A friend that is now deceased was always the the "go to" guy that did all my leather work. I now have borrowed his tools from another friend and want to learn to do things myself.

I have a holster project in mind so I am now putting together the leather and other things I need to make the holster. I have seen a couple of videos on youtube that show how to use some of the tools. This just made me hungry for more information!

This looks like a great site and I can't wait to start browsing the threads.

Best to all,

Mike

Mike,

Welcome to the wonderful obsession of leathercraft. This site has great folks with lots of knowledge, feel free to ask any question you want, there is always someone on here that has experience in that particular area. Wish there had been a site like this when I started but alas there wasn't an internet nor even a personal computer at that time.

Ken

Mike,

Welcome to the wonderful obsession of leathercraft. This site has great folks with lots of knowledge, feel free to ask any question you want, there is always someone on here that has experience in that particular area. Wish there had been a site like this when I started but alas there wasn't an internet nor even a personal computer at that time.

Ken

Thanks for the welcome Ken!

I am learning a lot from this site! I have been looking through posts and learning some "how to's". I have some leather on the way and I am itching to start my first holster project.

I am attempting the "Johnny Ringo hoslter" from the pattern by Will Ghormley.

Mike

That's about an hour and a half from me.

Hmmmmmmm, you must be in either Hattiesburg or Jackson (?).

I would like to see some of your work sometime.

Mike

I would like to see some of your work sometime.

I am a little North of Hattiesburg, Collins area. There are a couple of my items in my gallery. I have been severely remiss in adding items though. I mainly make pieces for costuming, but have done a holster or two.

Ooooooooollllö

Edited by manganese

Welcome to Leatherworker.net!

Although Mobile is where I live, I spend a LOT of time in Ms., as that's where all my work routes are. I'm usually in the south end of the state, from H'burg/Laurel (greater area) over to Waynesboro and south to the coast from Waveland to Pascagula. If you ever get south, drop a line.

Thanks for the welcome Jake and Mike.

Edited by Mike T