Sign in to follow this  
triage1998

H&k Usp Compact Blue Gun Molds

I have a customer that wants a H&K USP compact .45 holster and for the life of me I can't find one. I can get a USP compact 9mm mold but the dimension look to be different. Anyone have any ideas.

Edited by triage1998

check out alternate force

www.alternateforce.net

they have a large variety of blue guns

Ring's has them.

Just talked to John Ring and they do not make the H&K USPc .45.

They make the just the full size USP .45, the HK45 and the H&K USPc 9mm but no USP compact .45

Now I have a reason to purchase myself a USPc .45 lol wink.gif

Edited by triage1998

I have a similar issue. I own a HK USP .40 Compact -- and my brother in law owns a HK USP .45 Compact.

If you examine the chart below of the HK USP compact dimensions for the various calibers -- you will see that the 9mm and the .40 are identical -- and the .45 appears to significantly differ only in barrel length and overall length. The height won't matter because that is only influenced by grip length (I think). IMO, the most important dimension -- the width -- is the same for all three.

Anyway my plan is to make a holster using my USP .40 compact as a mold, and leave about 1/4" excess length without "curling / molding" the leather around the muzzle end. I think this will probably work -- although the glitch I am worried about is difference is the location of the thumb safety and the slide stop (if any)

If I finish in a timely manner and get feedback from my bro in law, I'll post again.

In the meantime I'd love to hear about it if anyone has used the USP compact 9mm / .40 as a mold for the .45.

Take care.

Dimensions-- 9 mm x 19 .40 S&W .45 AUTO

Overall length-- 6.81 in. 6.81 in. 7.09 in.

Overall height-- 5.00 in. 5.00 in. 5.06 in.

Overall width-- 1.14 in. 1.14 in. 1.14 in.

Barrel length-- 3.58 in. 3.58 in. 3.80 in.

Sight radius-- 5.35 in. 5.35 in. 5.83 in.

I have a similar issue. I own a HK USP .40 Compact -- and my brother in law owns a HK USP .45 Compact.

If you examine the chart below of the HK USP compact dimensions for the various calibers -- you will see that the 9mm and the .40 are identical -- and the .45 appears to significantly differ only in barrel length and overall length. The height won't matter because that is only influenced by grip length (I think). IMO, the most important dimension -- the width -- is the same for all three.

Anyway my plan is to make a holster using my USP .40 compact as a mold, and leave about 1/4" excess length without "curling / molding" the leather around the muzzle end. I think this will probably work -- although the glitch I am worried about is difference is the location of the thumb safety and the slide stop (if any)

If I finish in a timely manner and get feedback from my bro in law, I'll post again.

In the meantime I'd love to hear about it if anyone has used the USP compact 9mm / .40 as a mold for the .45.

Take care.

Dimensions-- 9 mm x 19 .40 S&W .45 AUTO

Overall length-- 6.81 in. 6.81 in. 7.09 in.

Overall height-- 5.00 in. 5.00 in. 5.06 in.

Overall width-- 1.14 in. 1.14 in. 1.14 in.

Barrel length-- 3.58 in. 3.58 in. 3.80 in.

Sight radius-- 5.35 in. 5.35 in. 5.83 in.

Please do I am curious to know also. Thanks for the info!

The gentleman that wants the USPc .45 is deployed to the Middle East right now and wont need it for a month or so.

Like olliesrevenge said if anyone has used the USP compact 9mm / .40 as a mold for the .45. please chime in.

The USP-C 45 is about 3/8 inch longer. Other than that they are dimensionally identical. I have several customers that switch back and forth carrying USP-C 9/40s in holsters made for the USP-C 45. I suppose you could use a 9/40 for the mold if added about 3/8 of length to the holster, though I've never tried that.

The USP-C 45 is about 3/8 inch longer. Other than that they are dimensionally identical. I have several customers that switch back and forth carrying USP-C 9/40s in holsters made for the USP-C 45. I suppose you could use a 9/40 for the mold if added about 3/8 of length to the holster, though I've never tried that.

Mark I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the info it helps tremendously.

By the way I love your holsters!

Thanks for the compliment. If this helps you any, the HK P30 and HK USP-C 45 are about the same length; much closer than a USP-C 9/40, and Rings has Blue Guns for the P30. I tried a P30 in a 45-C holster I just made, and it was a very slight loose fit due to the slide contours being rounder on the P30; so I'd still use the 9/40 for the mold and use the P30 to establish proper length. Hope this helps.