craftstack

New Site To Sell Your Work On! Craftstack.com!

If you have the MOST RECENT version of FireFox installed on your computer, there should be no issues at all. Our security in in place with an SSL certificate and there are NO issues with CraftStack. We are running smoothly. If you are getting a security error, its possible that your "Cache" has an old version of our page saved in it from when you visited it before things were fixed. May I suggest that you clear your Cache and make sure you have the most current version of your browser, in your case FireFox, and then head to craftstack.com. You will see everything is under lock and key and very safe.

I checked it out and FF won't get to it.

IE will access it, but still pops up security questions. Load speed is abysmal.

Chrome will access it AND shows it as a secure site. Load speed is just above abysmal.

It's almost like there's a proxy server in North Carolina that's talking to another server somewhere else in the world.

All 9 pages will show, but the search function yields ZERO results, whether I search, 'category', 'primary material', or 'price range'...or any combination of those.

Over a month ago the site claimed they would have everything squared away. That still needs to happen, IMO.

Currently, the pages don't display in all browsers and not all the functions work on the pages.

To the owner/operator of Craftstack.com........there's still a LOT of things you need to get repaired, and some things you need to develop. Some of the 'issues' described by Cyberthrasher were wholly accepted, yet never implemented. I'm NOT an IT pro, but have dabbled enough to spot things that concern me. And a site that is released as 'ready to go', but isn't....well, that's one of them. Especially after 2 'pre-releases' to help identify problems.

The whole thing has one of two feelings to me- 1st is that you have a pretty good idea and are trying to run a site on your own, struggling through some of the technical issues. You're having problems with the tech side because you either won't or can't hire someone who speaks 'computer'. Either way, your efforts are suffering because of it.

The second feeling....well, unless there's some reported problems, I won't voice them.

In today's world of LOTS of people looking for work, I have a hard time conceiving that you can't find an IT professional or computer science major that isn't looking for a little side work.

I'm gonna bump this up to the boss, who IS an IT professional and get her input.

If you have the MOST RECENT version of FireFox installed on your computer, there should be no issues at all. Our security in in place with an SSL certificate and there are NO issues with CraftStack. We are running smoothly. If you are getting a security error, its possible that your "Cache" has an old version of our page saved in it from when you visited it before things were fixed. May I suggest that you clear your Cache and make sure you have the most current version of your browser, in your case FireFox, and then head to craftstack.com. You will see everything is under lock and key and very safe.

While I always appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions, your accusations of an "unstable" site are wrong. we have gone front and back with testing on the site and everything we find works fine so Im wondering if you again, have the old version of our site stuck in you cache and that it needs to be cleared from you last visit a couple months ago.

Thanks

As I said, I'm not an IT techie...so, I considered that there may be something on my end. So here's what I did: I used a completely different computer - one that has NEVER been to the site. There can not be any cookies or any old versions saved in the cache.

That computer doesn't have FF installed, so I can't tell you how it would respond...but, it does have Chrome and IE. Just like last time, Chrome pulled up the site with no problems, and the category searches worked on that computer. Load speed was about the same as this site.

IE took almost 2 minutes to load, and none of the category searches worked. On that particular machine, in IE, in order to scroll through the category searches I had to click and drag. Simply clicking on the 'button' would flash the category but it would immediately collapse.

As to having the MOST RECENT version of whatever browser I use shouldn't be a requirement to use your site. I can access THIS site from either laptop I have, my desktop (a mac), from a friend's laptop, from either of another friend's desktops. This one auto-updates FF. I've used a combination of Chrome, FF, and IE between them (with different versions on at least three) and Safari on the OS10.0 Mac. Things display a little differently from machine to machine (specific color hues and screen settings...all the normal stuff) but it's all functional. If any ONE potential subscriber on this site is having problems using your site, it's probably a good indication that there's at least 10 potential shoppers having the same problem. Keep in mind that you can say "this site displays best in XXXXXXX", but telling people that they have to have it to view your site is very likely to result in them just cruising over to Etsy. (which, by the way is fully functional on the same laptop that had the described issues with craftstack).

I may have some concerns about the site, but I'm also telling you exactly what it's doing to cause my concerns so you can address them. Use the information any way you like.

As I said, I'm not an IT techie...so, I considered that there may be something on my end. So here's what I did: I used a completely different computer - one that has NEVER been to the site. There can not be any cookies or any old versions saved in the cache.

That computer doesn't have FF installed, so I can't tell you how it would respond...but, it does have Chrome and IE. Just like last time, Chrome pulled up the site with no problems, and the category searches worked on that computer. Load speed was about the same as this site.

IE took almost 2 minutes to load, and none of the category searches worked. On that particular machine, in IE, in order to scroll through the category searches I had to click and drag. Simply clicking on the 'button' would flash the category but it would immediately collapse.

As to having the MOST RECENT version of whatever browser I use shouldn't be a requirement to use your site. I can access THIS site from either laptop I have, my desktop (a mac), from a friend's laptop, from either of another friend's desktops. This one auto-updates FF. I've used a combination of Chrome, FF, and IE between them (with different versions on at least three) and Safari on the OS10.0 Mac. Things display a little differently from machine to machine (specific color hues and screen settings...all the normal stuff) but it's all functional. If any ONE potential subscriber on this site is having problems using your site, it's probably a good indication that there's at least 10 potential shoppers having the same problem. Keep in mind that you can say "this site displays best in XXXXXXX", but telling people that they have to have it to view your site is very likely to result in them just cruising over to Etsy. (which, by the way is fully functional on the same laptop that had the described issues with craftstack).

I may have some concerns about the site, but I'm also telling you exactly what it's doing to cause my concerns so you can address them. Use the information any way you like.

Twin Oaks,

Thank you for you information. I Indeed will use the information you have given me to do a round of revisions with my development team. We have 3 developers with us and because we built CraftStack as a fully custom site, what's called a Custom Component, it's been tricky getting everything working JUST right on every browser. Your correct, If we don't get these things correct, people will go right over to Etsy and that's not something we are looking to have.

I do feel we have a great product, a well designed site, and a strong business plan, but I will go ahead and be the first to say..... We need to get these corrections fixed on this go rough once and for all. If we don't we are facing some serious blow back amongst the community of artists and we need positive attention, NOT negative.

Thank you for your report to us and we hope you will check in with us continually

TO ALL:

We were able to find what was causing FireFox to put up a warning, and also cause the search boxes in Internet Explorer to act weird....Both issues had to do with the SSL Certificate causing problems so we we able to re-set the SSL and everything is working great now. No more issues that any of us at CraftStack are aware of.

Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to look into the issues.

I have just successfully browsed the site with the same laptop that was popping up warnings in FF and having search feature issues in the other browser....and I didn't clear the cache or anything else along those lines.

Results: Load time was a little long, but that's probably on my end. Once the main page had loaded I was able to view the categories as they (presumably) were designed.....and in reasonable times. It was just the front page that was a bit slow....again, probably on my end.

Categories were able to be individually searched, or in combination.

Also....and perhaps most importantly, the site loads as a secure site.

From my perspective, it looks like everything that was causing our issues has been addressed. I'll defer to the folks with the IT experience to report on any other issues

Again, thank you for taking time to address our concerns.

CraftStack Marketplace was just Interviewed and it has been published, we wanted to share it with all of you!

http://sellingtogiftshops.com/2012/11/05/announcing-craftstack-a-new-online-marketplace/

Interview done by Sandy Dell with Selling To Gift Shops