Jordan

Found this Stitch Horse Photo

I finally got a Delta 14" band saw the other day, soooo it's getting close to starting my rendition of a stitching horse. If it turns out well I may consider making a few more for resale over the winter. Lots of junk on my plate right now, seems like one crisis to the next for the past few weeks, so it will be awhile for photos.

I'll never stand in the way of a fellow that's determined to buy another shop tool - but remember that the original was made without a bandsaw (or indeed any power tools at all) and you don't need much beyond a handsaw, chisel, drawknife, brace-and-bitt and spokeshave to make this bench - barring the metalwork, of course....

I intend to replicate my used-up and broken horse over the next few months. I'll post a topic on it once I start.

Edited by Old Soldier Sahib

I'll never stand in the way of a fellow that's determined to buy another shop tool - but remember that the original was made without a bandsaw (or indeed any power tools at all) and you don't need much beyond a handsaw, chisel, drawknife, brace-and-bitt and spokeshave to make this bench - barring the metalwork, of course....

I intend to replicate my used-up and broken horse over the next few months. I'll post a topic on it once I start.

Al Stohlman's "The Art of Hand Sewing Leather" has plans and directions for making that stitching horse without the back legs. He calls it the Al Stohlman (Quarter Horse) stitching pony. The plans also show how to put rear legs on the critter.

Sparks