Looking for a good finishing product to put on after dyeing. Thank you in advance.

Clear Lac, put on lightly and rubbed in. I normally do two light coats or Tankote (Cut with water 2 parts TanKote to one part Water) again two or three light coats with several hours drying in between followed by bufffing well. Either works well, I like the clear lac a little better and it is more durable, both are water resistant, but Clear Lac seems to be more so than Tankote. Both are available from several of the sponsors here, I get mine from Springfield Leather Company.

Chief

Hy Chief

If you can cut the Tan Kote with the water the TanKote isn't water resistant ,is it?

Ivan

Clear Lac, put on lightly and rubbed in. I normally do two light coats or Tankote (Cut with water 2 parts TanKote to one part Water) again two or three light coats with several hours drying in between followed by bufffing well. Either works well, I like the clear lac a little better and it is more durable, both are water resistant, but Clear Lac seems to be more so than Tankote. Both are available from several of the sponsors here, I get mine from Springfield Leather Company.

Chief

When I tried TanKote, it wasn't water resistant at all, in fact I havent used it since. Do you want a satin, matt or gloss finish?

Tankote is water resistant however, not much. ClearLac has to be cut with a lacquer thinner, it is more water resistant, but if you want a good water proof there is nothing that is completely water proof with leather if you dunk it in a tank of water it will eventually get soaked. A really good "Water Proofing" product is Aussie Leather Conditioner" by Fiebings. It is used on outdoor gear, snowboots, etc. Didn't see in the original question that you were asking for a highly water resistant finish. Aussie is beeswax based, I rub on a light coat then heat it with a hair dryer the buff it well, it finishes nice has a nice shine not glossy but nice. Springfield Leather Company (one of our sponsors) sells it as well as some of the others I would expect.

Chief