Bree

Anybody ever used Ultraleather?

Have any of you used Ultraleather... the high-end, polyurethane artificial leather? I got several yards of the pure white to use as accents for a couple of projects that I have in mind. I was amazed at how soft, durable, and stretchy it is. Any experiences or tips for working with it?

I know it's not "REAL" leather but it has its uses!

:Lighten::Lighten::Lighten:

Do you mean ultra-suede, like garment weight? I have never used it but for some reason it was a hot thing in my saddle club.

Edited by Noah

Ive used many different imitation stuff. just make sure you use a longer stitch if you are sewing it and not to back track over it, the smaller stitch n back tracking acts like a perferation n eventually down the line will rip. but it works good for bags, chaps,etc

Do you mean ultra-suede, like garment weight? I have never used it but for some reason it was a hot thing in my saddle club.

Thus is what I am referring to...

Ultraleather

It is very expensive but luxurious stuff... also very durable. I got a bunch a sample swatches of various kinds of artificial leather and this stuff won hands down as the primo material. I found a place that had some remnants and I ordered several yards at a reasonable price. When the bolts came in I was really amazed. I haven't made anything with it yet but I would like to once motorcycle riding calms down a bit.

Broncobuster's comment is right on. I found that out doing some work on marine fabrics which are made of similar material though not as nice. I was making some piping and realized after a couple of feet that the stitches were too close together and might cause a blowout because of weakening the material.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

The Ultra leather looks and almost feels like leather. it works good for show chaps and small projects. Ive used it a little but mostly make ultrasuede chaps and use the ultrasuede for acessorizing once in a while. but im mostly a leather person. have fun with it. Bronc

The Ultra leather looks and almost feels like leather. it works good for show chaps and small projects. Ive used it a little but mostly make ultrasuede chaps and use the ultrasuede for acessorizing once in a while. but im mostly a leather person. have fun with it. Bronc

I'm thinking about using it for cutouts as you might do with snakeskin. The white is so white that I think it will be even better than white leather for these kind of accents. You get great color, texture, and feel and it is still very leatherlike. We'll see. I won;t be doing anything with it until the fall anyway.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana: