grittyroots

Newbie From Tn

i've been doing leather work for a few months now. i have been mostly doing carved bracelets, but i'm interested in learning all i can about leather. i'm a cabinet maker as a profession, but i'm also a toolmaker/ welder and i also do silversmithing. i'm happy to help anyone who is interested in any of these areas. you can see some of my work at grittyroots designs on facebook.

Welcome to the site.....that is what this site is all about.....sharing!

Hi from New Mexico. Welcome . I am very intrested in your tool making skills . Using something along the lines of Tandys snap setter I wish to create a press that will cut uniform perfectly spaced holes for cartridge loops in gun belts . Should have a moveable fence for different size belts . Something to index the space beween the holes adjustable for different sized cartridges . Depending on the price I am okay with one tool for one job . I am thinking also of removable tools and multi purposed for other hole making operations . Is this possible ? Bill

hi bill do you have any pictures of something simular? i have a couple ideas. do want it to be a press or a hammer it? do you want removable dies to change sizes of holes? how many different spacing settings would you need. oh wait i just had an idea. i need to draw it before i forget it

brendan

Hello grittyroots

where in TN you located?

I am a disabled master welder/pipefitter/ boilermaker and used to own a chassis shop.

did that for nearly thirty years before I had to give it up due to severe arthritis.

and other health issues.

now I am building rifles and trying to get more involved in leatherworking again.

hi str8line. i'm in knoxville. i learned to weld from a retired pipefitter/ tool making blacksmith in NC. i have much respect for your trade. i have a hard time focusing on something long enough to become a master at anything. always learning

that is

St8 as in state state line LOL

lots of people seem to want to add an r in there for some reasonLOL

you are about 90 miles north from me, I am in Rossville GA just this side of the

Tennessee state line in Chattanooga about 2 blocks away from Lake Winnie if you know where that is