Sign in to follow this  
Suemi

Is A Singer 153 K 102 Equal To A 31-15

Hey all, curious if the singer 153 k 102 compaires to a 31-15 beside its obvious differences. Looking for a cylinder that can handle some things that my 31-15 does.

Or would it be smarter to save up and get a consew 277?

Thanks,

Rich

Yes, it looks like the 153K-102 is a bottom feed machine same as your 31-15. You better save up for a triple feed cylinderarm machine, the 153K-102 is no good for leatherwork.

Thanks Trox, I knew that was the right answer. Im just excited.

I was looking at a 277 or 287 consew...any recommendations?

Not many Consew machines in Europe so I do not know them. I know they are popular in the USA. Read the pinned topics about choosing a leather sewing machine, it will help you.

I read a bit about them in the Consew website, I find the machine descriptions a bit incomplete . You should look for a compound triple feed machine ( bottom, top and needle combined feed) The term " walking foot" is often mistaken for such macines, nevertheless, it can be applied to any machine that has a feeding foot.

I saw a other topic here a couple of days ago what the letters behind the Consew class numbers meant, (use the forum search option it is a lot of topics about Consews here).

It looks like the 277 is not a triple feed, however the 227 R-2 and 287 RB-2 seems to be triple feed machines. I think the letter "R" stands for reverse and "B" for big bobbin. Site says nothing about thread and needle sizes, you need to find the data sheet about them.

Our member dealers (top site banners) sells fine machines too, Cobra, Cowboy and Tecksew. They stay behind their product, call them and tell them about your needs. There are a lot of people here that have Consew machines and can tell you much more about them than me. I am located in Norway and have mostly German machines (and one Chinese 441 clone that works well) Any of those Consews will be an upgrade for you. If you rephrase your topic and ask about the Consews, you will get a much bigger response. Do not forget to search the forum, it is tons of information related to your questions here already.

good luck

Trox