Sign in to follow this  
Beaverslayer

Team Penning Cow Counter

Hello everyone,

A long lost cousin of mine has contacted me via Facebook. The last time I saw her was about 45 years ago...long time...

She wants to know if I can make her a Team Penning Cow Counter. Well, I told her I would Google it to see what it was, but I most likely could make one. Now that I know what they are and look like, I am at a bit of a loss. I have no idea as to what to use for the little sliding counters, most of the ones online seem to have crystals as sliders. I also noticed that none of the ones I looked at online have a backside, seems like the whole thing is made from just one piece of leather with the slots cut out for the sliding crystals.

If anyone can tell me what is being used for the sliders, I would be most thankful....

Used to be they used double cap rivets that are too long for the thickness of the leather. If you lightly set them in the slots, they slide. Now some are using the rivet back conchos the same way.

Thanks so much Bruce that will help me out so much. I thought that's what they may be, but wanted to be sure so I didn't screw it up.

Now off to design something exotic for her....

I made several of those a few years ago and used Chicago screws for the counters. The ones i made were two sided with numbers on both sides so it could always be read.

Edited by dirtclod