For anyone interested Chic Gaylords book "Handgunner's Guide" is for sale, closeout, at Paladin press for $5.00

I have not read it yet but I have been told that he used to be one of the best holster makers there were. For 5 bucks w/ $4.00 for shipping it looks like its worth a read.

I'm sure someone here can tell us more about him

Michael

At that price it's worth the read. Some of the info in it is outdated compared to today's gun handling and tactics/techniques, but it's an interesting insight into the beginnings of combat and defensive shooting. Mr. Gaylord was pretty much the innovator of modern concealment holsters. Many of his designs were copied and/or expanded upon by Paris Theodore and his holster company Seventrees, which then had some influence on makers the likes of Lou Alessi and Gene DeSantis. (In tracing this lineage note that curiously they were all in New York).

I recently made a copy of a Gaylord IWB for a good friend's custom retro 1911 for which he wanted something period correct, and he has commented that it is one of the most comfortable and functional IWBs he has ever worn, and it'sne of the simplest designs imaginable.