Rolf

dremel as burnishing device

Does somebody use a dremel www.dremel.com to burnish and "sand" the edges? Any clues are welcome! Thanks in advance for your valuable support. Rolf

Does somebody use a dremel www.dremel.com to burnish and "sand" the edges? Any clues are welcome! Thanks in advance for your valuable support. Rolf

Hey Rolf! Here is a whole thread on the subject:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...7&hl=dremel

Also just a couple of days ago someone posted a picture of a tool they made to use with there dremel for burnishing.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Brad

I use one with a sanding drum for shaping edges on smaller pieces.

But personally I feel, it's too small, too fast, not powerful enough for burnishing.

I have several burnishers of various groove sizes specifically made to fit the dremels [& foredoms (sp??) & similar hand-held tools] that I use all the time for burnishing & dremel itself has two different sizes of drum sander with (I believe), 2 different grits available. When you're doing production work, it just makes life much easier. With the variable dremels, you can step down the speed considerably & also change all the tools with a simple twist of the fingers (no wrench needed).

That handmade Dremel burnisher (a thread from a couple days ago that BradB referred to) can be seen on 'Leatherwork Conversation' / 'Custom Tools'. - John

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3556

Hey Rolf! Here is a whole thread on the subject:http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...7&hl=dremelAlso just a couple of days ago someone posted a picture of a tool they made to use with there dremel for burnishing.Hope that helps!Regards,Brad
Thank you very much Brad. I'll try it out. Best regardsRolf
I use one with a sanding drum for shaping edges on smaller pieces.But personally I feel, it's too small, too fast, not powerful enough for burnishing.
Thanks Michael. What kind of Sanding drum are you using?

I have several burnishers of various groove sizes specifically made to fit the dremels [& foredoms (sp??) & similar hand-held tools] that I use all the time for burnishing & dremel itself has two different sizes of drum sander with (I believe), 2 different grits available. When you're doing production work, it just makes life much easier. With the variable dremels, you can step down the speed considerably & also change all the tools with a simple twist of the fingers (no wrench needed).
Thank you very much for your replay!
That handmade Dremel burnisher (a thread from a couple days ago that BradB referred to) can be seen on 'Leatherwork Conversation' / 'Custom Tools'. - Johnhttp://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3556

Hi John, thanks for your answer and the link!

What kind of Sanding drum are you using?

I use the standard dremel drums, medium or fine depending on the leather I'm working on.