Sign in to follow this  
fdisk42

Ring Test

Dont know exactly what to say ,are these going to be "Rings " to wear on ones fingers ? Armouring stuff is out of my area of expertise . I came I looked and I want to say thanks for sharing your work and welcome to the site . Perhaps if I knew more about this area of leather work I could say more . Its nice you shared your work and hope you will do so again . Bill

Yep! I'm working on some designs for wearable rings. Two of those in the pic are wrapped and glued together and one is a solid circle of several layers of leather laminated together. Still working on getting the solid one perfectly round. I have problems cutting perfectly round circles.

Three ring designs I've been playing around with.

post-15167-0-37506300-1354946025_thumb.j

I was surfing the web last night and came upon some rings of similar designs with different materials. They were using a braid called spanish ring knot . It was done in both leather and metal wire all woven or braided . Nice idea . Good luck with this project . You might wish to explore "braceletts " as a bigger version of what you are currently doing . Thanks for being part of Leather workers.net and thanks for sharing your work . Bill

Leather rings can also be wet formed over a wooden dowel of the appropriate size, it's a bit tough to do, but it can be done.

The wooden dowel method was next on my list actually. lol! Hadn't gotten around to it as I got sidetracked with a custom Plague Doctor Mask order.