I've finished a wallet and than I've apllied the beeswax............now the client would have the antique finish on his wallet...........how I?d remove the beeswax to applied the antique?

i think the best you could do is use a hair dryer to melt off the wax and use a paper towel or cloth to wipe away the melted beeswax, but the wax would probably already be infused into the leather by this point. Test on a scrap to see how well antique would adhere to the leather after you melted away most of the beeswax. Alex

I don't think it'll matter much, I would just antique over it as long as it isnt caked on which it shouldnt be, it should be absorbed into the leather. Antique isn't waterproof though so you'll need to put a top finish on it. I've re-antiqued motorcycle seats I've made that have had beeswax mixtures already in them with no problems.

Another thing that I've done is doing an antique finish using black dye basically dry brushing it where I need it. It takes way longer obviously but is more durable in the end.

Another thing that I've done is doing an antique finish using black dye basically dry brushing it where I need it. It takes way longer obviously but is more durable in the end.

That's the primary reason I started using antique. I did a lot of work that way when I first started until I realized how bad it was killing my time.

Yea it takes 10 times longer at least. I only do it on occasion and the main thing is to charge accordingly.

That's the primary reason I started using antique. I did a lot of work that way when I first started until I realized how bad it was killing my time.

That's where my hourly rate comes in handy, but at some point you get to a price that's just hard for people to pay.