I need help. A friend asked me to make her a non-gender baby belt with their last name on it. I'm actually thinking I'll make it for her babyshower gift. But I have no clue what size to make it. She mention to make it for the months of 6-24 months, anywhere in there. I have no clue how wide and long I should make it. Their last name is only 5 letters long, thankfully. I have also noticed that whenever I center a name, from the bend where it goes around the bucke, to the hole most used, it never seems to look centered. Any advice on that as well would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

BJB <><

Sorry, topic was supposed to say Kid, not kind :taptap:

Billie - I have made a few little kids belts and have found that most are between 18 and 20 inches (measured from point on buckle to middle hole) when they are about a year old. J;st measuring the waist doesn't work as belts go on top of the other clothes, so will be bigger.

As for centreing the name, once you know or decide on the length of belt you need (remember it is going to include the length of the buckle you choose to use), measure half way between the bend at the buckle end and the middle hole (most belts are made with 5 holes) and this will be the center of your name.

For width, I have made some only 1 inch wide, but most of the time I make them 1 1/4 inches wide as that will still go through the belt loops on little kids jeans.

I just finished a little girls 'bling' belt that i will likely post pictures of this week.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

JJ

Thank you very much!