BulletProof

Leather Types...

I make device cases (iPad/iPhone) and I have been using 3/4oz vegtan.

Well, I have had some issues with certain pieces (inconsistent dyeing etc.) that is making me consider going to a prefinished, pre-dyed leather.

But what kind? I still need to do some wet forming, some case require more than others...

Can I use Bridle? Skirting? Harness? Latigo?

Where do I find info on the characteristics of these types?

Help is appreciated!

From the Wickett & Craig site:

http://www.wickett-craig.com/index.php/leathers/description-and-grading

Skirting

Mold it, tool it, carve it, oil it, dye it! Our skirting is the most versatile leather that we make. With strength and malleability, it is the number one choice for all your saddle and holster type of needs. We make it in six colors in order to save you the hassle of dyeing. Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

Carving/Tooling

Our tooling leather is used by the best leather crafters in the world. The natural color is super for any color dye you want to use. It has the same great carving and tooling ability as the skirting. We stock this in 8-10oz and we will custom split it to any weight you want, free of charge. Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

Harness

Drum dyed and hot stuffed with our own formula of oils waxes and tallow, this leather is a great choice for your strap good needs. It is still finished the old fashioned way, by using a glazing jack. This brings the oils to the surface which creates a rich look like none other. Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

Work Harness

Unlike our harness, work harness is stretched dried and then stuffed with oils, waxes, and tallow. This generally creates a larger longer piece of leather. This leather has a beautiful pull-up and a very heavy, waxy feel. Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

Show Harness

Much like the work harness the show harness is dried before stuffing which generally creates a longer larger piece of leather. This too has a great looking pull-up and is heavy with oils, waxes, and tallow. The difference between this and the work harness is the surface feel: this leather is not as “greasy” as the work harness. Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

English Bridle

Used in more ways than we can count, drum dyed and hot stuffed, English bridle needs no finishing. After drum dying we impregnate the leather with our own formula of waxes and oils to create a durable yet flexible leather. We then finish the grain and flesh with our rich beautiful aniline dye to show off the natural texture. Last, we seal the color in and then finish it with a wax coat to give it a look like none other! Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

Belt Latigo

One of two latigo leathers that we make, this is the prettier of the two. This is finished similar to our English bridle. We drum dye and hot stuff this leather to condition it just right. With a rich aniline top, there is no need for finishing. Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

Oiled Latigo

The name says it all! Our oiled latigo is conditioned with the right combination of oils and waxes to help your product last for many years. We provide this in a firmer temper and a softer temper to best meet your need. Check out our “color” and “pricing” tabs for more information.

As shown above, You can get dyed veg tan. That would solve your issues.