Doug Mclean

e-bay searches

What's is the best search description for finding tools and machinery on e-bay. Just curious what everyone else has had success with. Sometimes one word makes a big difference to a computer. (Computers don't have cowboy logic but they do have a sense of humor.)

Doug,

These are my search terms:

Clicker die

leather machine

leather sewing

shoe machine

(then choose from the menus at the left of the screen) usually "business and industrial" has the most, but you might find things under "leathercraft" and other terms.

Andy

Doug,

I look at the same searches as Andy, plus I look at "shoe repair", "saddlemaking", and "saddle making". I also look at the categories a bit. Start in "crafts" scroll down to "leathercraft" and look at the "leather tools and treatments". That picks off most of the hand tools and bench tools. I normally look at "ending today" and "newly listed" in the categories.

Thanks for the information. You can sure find a lot more items you want with the right words.

Heys you guys, I think I can help here. I do the ebay thing quite alot. And nothing bugs me more than all the junk thats listed there, which I have no interest in... I don't mean junk, just stuff I have no use for...

:eusa_naughty:

Here's what I do. Go into the crafts directory, click on leather craft, and put this into the search line.

-dye -fiebings -shene -barontool -letter -book -rotary -magazine -number -liquid -patterns -grommets -wallet -lace -baron

The minus sign will remove all the stuff you don't wanna look at. Such as books, letter stamps, etc. etc.

You can save the search, that way you don't have to do it every time. There's some really great things I've gotten, like One of a kind tools. All sorts of things, but who wants to spend hours sorting through all the stuff....

Hope this works for you all

:comppunch:

Bob