rdb

Last week's flea market show

I was torn between just adding to the booth topic, and throwing in another topic on belts, but instead you get this, cause it's a rainy, quiet day here

I did just miss the tornado this morning coming back from Zack White's. I saw the funnel coming down, and booted the old Ranger for all she was worth...lol.

Anywho, I set up at the Raleigh Flea Mkt, over last weekend. I seem to be starting to be a regular, sortof. I don't have enough product to generate more than a few hundred dollars once in awhile. There are 3 other leather stalls, at least, loaded with stock. One of them just sells the stuff from ZW and others, another sells stuff from China, bags etc. And another sells plain latigo belts, plus sells buckles, and license plates?

Mostly, of course, people like the belts. I sit there pounding away making them, that attracts people.

So, here's a few pix of the scruffy stall setup. In between any custom work, I'm trying to just make up some cheepy stuff mostly just to pick up a few fivers, as you see on the "Idea table". Thos toolbags haven't sold yet, but they have generated a lot of custom work.

I am building up ideas just by being there, and looking at other's stall, how I want it to look. I'll be building new racks, and having some side drops. In my head it looks good. I'll be staging it at home this week or so, we'll see if the reality works.

You'll see some pix of some new belts I'm making at the stall, and at home. I'm just bored of all the regular ones that I sell between 20 and 25. I'll offer the arrowheads basketweaves, and the "fake snake" ones for 35, and see if they sell. The arrowhead takes about 1/2 hour to tool up, the snake takes about 45 min. That makes them the most expensive belt at the fair. We'll see if they sell.

Not really showing off here, just yappin...showing my simple existence...lol

Don't forget to contribute to the drawing. You live here too!

And stay away from the donuts, and the tornadoes.....

HPIM1300.JPG

HPIM1305.JPG

HPIM1306.JPG

HPIM1308.JPG

HPIM1309.JPG

HPIM1311.JPG

HPIM1315.JPG

post-5140-1219879604_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1219879624_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1219879640_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1219879656_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1219879668_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1219879681_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1219879708_thumb.jpg

:clapping: VERY NICE COLLECTION IS GOOD LOOKING LEATHER!!! Be proud of what you have created. I love more than a few pieces. Good craftsmanship and the designs and finishes a great. Hope you did real well...don't see why not. Watch out for those twisters. Darn things will suck up all you stuff and you truck in the process. Thanks for sharing.

Storm

Those belts look very fine indeed, I really like the arrowhead belts (and the 'fake snake' is superb) and will have to make a try at one of those tomorrow. In fact the whole display looks fine to me, your work is finished beautifully. What sells best?

Edited by UKRay

Thanx Storm for the nice words. That's what's nice about this place, there's always encouragement.

Ray, The whole thing doesn't take 20 minutes to set up. First the canopy, then long sawhorses go up next, then the tables, then the work table, the misc stuff to the back. Out comes the tupperware with product, and the belts get put up, load the tables, and ta da..it's coffee time.

Hey Bro....you don't need encouragement!  You make some tight pieces. I have toagree with Ray. The belts are great but I too liked the fake snake.  The pattern is right on. If I may, how did you get the color on the tool bag with the basketweave.  Good color and nice and even.

Storm

Dave, your booth looks outstanding. Quite a bit of work to get all that stock together. Excellent!