Abbyanna

Hello

Hello everyone,

I signed up a couple of weeks ago and have spent a lot of time reading the forums to try to familiarize myself with the right way to do things. I am mainly a painter, my only prior knowledge of leather working is that I did tool a few Tandy kits many years ago.

I realize now, after much reading, that the information I had access to years ago on leather working was not very accurate. Also, something that I thought I was doing purposefully wrong years ago, I was actually doing right!

The only reason I quit leather working years ago is that it was bothering someone in a neighboring apartment. I'm hoping now that we are in a condo, and have no one below us, it wont be an issue. I'm looking forward to getting back into this. I have learned so much just by searching these forums. I hope you all don't mind basic questions on the things I cannot find using the search function.

At the moment I only have in mind doing a few smaller items like journals or book covers. Although, knowing me, that will quickly change and I will be expanding to other leather projects.

This is my website http://Abbyanna.com/

This is where I upload everything including painting experiments & digital stuff.

http://abbyanna.devi...rt.com/gallery/

Abbyanna

Welcome to the forum Abbyanna! There are various ways to minimize the noise when tooling or stamping leather. I'm currently learning to airbrush with the intention to use it with my leatherwork. Im sure you will learn lots on here, I did :)

Thanks Odin! I probably should look into those methods to minimize the noise.

The airbrush is a fun tool. A bit frustrating at times too, at least for me. I look forward to seeing how the airbrush works out for you with your leatherwork.

Welcome to the forum Abbyanna. Nice work!