lightningad

Simple & Effective Tool Modifications

just made a couple of mods to my tools using this amazing material i discovered called "sugru".

Its an easily moldable silicon rubber compound that air dries in 24hours.

gallery_28097_1637_48105.jpg

Using this, i was able to add a grip to my pricking iron that means i no longer get hand cramps from tightly gripping the thin handle. It now just balances between my fingers and is a pleasure to use.

gallery_28097_1637_66678.jpg

The scalpel handle was too thin to allow a decent amount of pressure to be applied - now it can be used with more force, and its also easier to control.

If you ever wanted a more customised grip (its got so many other uses too ) then you should really try this stuff out!

The stuff is also great for strengthening computer cables!

I dont have any affiliation with sugru, other than thinking its amazing!

adam

Edited by lightningad

I think it is a cool product

Have ordered some to try it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Scott

in the past I have also thought of painting my stamp handle ends different colors to differentiate what series they are.

This is the second time in a couple months I've run across someone praising this stuff. I need to order some. I think a lot of us have gotten "tooling cramps" or blistered their fingers from a long project at some point..

the great thing is its useful for almost any repair you can think of! I added a couple of finger loops to a pair of pliers that i used to find a little small to hold without constantly dropping...i'll add a pic soon.

My next sugru project - im going to be adding a couple of led lights to my stitching pony so i can see better when stitching whilst watching tv - this way i wont disturb the family by having all the lights blazing!

I used mine to seal up my boots....works great!

I wish i had heard of the product 2 months earlier as i threw out a really comfy pair of boots that had previously unrepairable holes!

with the cost of shipping that goo is a bit expensive so... http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Your-Own-Sugru-Substitute/