I bought this saddle several years ago from an old drunk saddle shop owner. he had attempted to restore it but clearly didn't possess the skills to do so. it fit my horse well so I bought it for cheap. it has since been on probably 50 or so different horses and fit most. I've put a lot of hours in it and I still love it.

I can't find any info whatsoever about Kenway saddles online, so I was hoping that someone here may know something. we just fixed it up and I'm curious.

it measures 15" seat, 26.5" skirt, 16" swell and 6" wide. any info at all would be appreciated!

post-39534-64447_thumb.jpg

post-39534-0-72366900-1370812754_thumb.j

Edited by Valleee

Kenways was in business form 1949 to the early 1970's in Calgary. More info is available in Dan Hutchins' book "Old Cowboy Saddles & Tack".

Edited by BOB BRENNER

thanks! upon closer inspection, I can see that its had several repairs done to it. anyone else? :D

Kenways also had a warehouse where saddles were made on I think 12 Ave SW in Calgary. I was in there several times and was given the grand tour. The foreman told me they bo't the rights to use the TexTan patterns so the ones bearing the Kenway name and TexTan logo were made in Calgary. The store was close to the Stampede grounds. I purchased a roping saddle there, a handsome saddle that was my pride and joy for years.